TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
FastMetals, Inc. (“Seller”) and the party purchasing goods and/or materials (“Customer”) hereby agree to the following Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms and Conditions”):
- Customer’s Acceptance of Terms. These Terms and Conditions of Sale constitute the final and entire understanding and agreement between Seller and Customer relating to the goods and/or materials (“Products”) sold by Seller to Customer through Seller’s website. Customer’s acceptance of the Products is expressly conditioned on Customer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Customer’s acceptance is limited to these Terms and Conditions, and no different, inconsistent and/or additional terms and conditions submitted by Customer in acknowledging or accepting these Terms and Conditions or in issuing any purchase orders, releases, shipping instructions or other documents in connection with the Products, whether prior or subsequent, shall modify or amend these Terms and Conditions or be valid or binding against Seller, unless specifically accepted by Seller in writing. In the event of any conflict, discrepancy or inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions contained in any document submitted by Customer, these Terms and Conditions shall govern even if Customer’s document expressly limits acceptance to Customer’s terms and conditions. No course or pattern of dealings or conduct between Seller and Customer and no usage of trade shall be relevant to determine the meaning or intent of these Terms and Conditions even though the accepting or acquiescing party has knowledge of the nature of the performance and an opportunity for objection.
- Payment Terms. All sums owing Seller by Customer, including, but not limited to, applicable shipping and handling, expedited service, and sales taxes, shall be paid in accordance with the provisions of Seller’s invoice at the time of order confirmation.
- Packaging, Shipment and Delivery. Seller shall package the Products in accordance with commercial standard practices and include an itemized packing list with each shipment. Seller shall arrange for shipment of Products by courier to Customer’s designated delivery address within the United States. Seller shall make a reasonable commercial effort to deliver the Products by the expected delivery date as set forth on the order confirmation. Delivery dates are approximate and are subject to conditions beyond Seller’s control.
- Cancellation and Returns. Customer may not cancel any order of Products for Customer’s convenience without Seller’s prior written consent. Any cancellation so authorized shall be subject to a cancellation charge of 15% of the purchase price. Customer may not cancel any processed Products, specially manufactured Products, or Products not normally carried in Seller’s inventory.
- Force Majeure. Neither Customer nor Seller shall be liable for any delay, breach or non-performance of these Terms and Conditions (other than the payment of money) wholly or partly due to any cause beyond such party’s control (“Force Majeure”) including, without limitation, acts of God; war; civil disturbances; acts of any foreign, federal, state, local or other governmental authority; non-availability, delay or diversion of shipping or other transport; lock outs, strikes or trade disputes; break down or interruption of any plant, machinery, equipment or utilities; shortage, non-availability or allocation of raw materials or commodities; any combination of the foregoing, or any other cause outside of such party’s control whether similar to or different from those stated herein. On the happening of Force Majeure, the affected party shall advise the other party in writing with reasonable promptness and the affected party may suspend its performance during such Force Majeure without liability to the other party.
- Title; Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss shall pass to Customer at the time of delivery at the delivery address designated by Customer in the order.
- Inspection; Claims. Customer shall carefully inspect all Products and shipping documents promptly upon delivery. No claim for shortages or Products damaged during delivery will be valid or enforceable against Seller unless (a) Customer contacts Seller specifying in detail the shortage or damage within five (5) days from the date of delivery; (b) Customer returns the damaged Products to Seller within ten (10) days following delivery; (c) upon return, Seller confirms such damage; and (d) Customer has fulfilled all of the payment terms. Customer’s return must be accompanied by the applicable return shipping documents. Customer shall be deemed to have waived any claim for shortages or Products damaged in transit if Customer fails to so notify Seller within five (5) days following delivery. Any processing or use of the Products by Customer, other than return to Seller, shall be conclusive as to Customer’s acceptance of the Products as being satisfactory and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Limited Warranty. Seller warrants to Customer for a period of twelve (12) months following delivery only that (a) the Products shall conform to the product description and specifications as set forth on the Seller’s website at the time of the purchase by Customer, subject to industry standard tolerances and variations; and (b) Seller has good title to the Products free and clear of liens, security interests or encumbrances by any party claiming by, through or under Seller. SELLER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND CUSTOMER HEREBY WAIVES any and all other ORAL OR WRITTEN warranties in respect of the products, express OR implied, including, WITHOUT LIMITATION, the warranties of DESIGN, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. SELLER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL other warranties unless expressly made in writing and signed by an officer of Seller.
Seller’s liability shall be limited, at Seller’s option, to repair or replacement of non-conforming Products or refund of the purchase price. The foregoing sets forth Seller’s entire obligation and liability to Customer in respect of the Products, and Customer accepts the same as its entire right and sole remedy in relation to any breach by Seller of these Terms and Conditions. In no event or circumstance whatsoever shall Seller be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any type or nature EVEN IF Seller HAS REASON TO KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Seller’s total liability arising out of or in any way related to the PRODUCTS, whether based in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence and/or gross negligence), strict liability, or any other cause of action, shall in no event exceed the purchase price actually paid by customer for the PRODUCTS to which such liability relates.
- Unofficial Communications. No agents, employees, or representatives of Seller have any authority to bind Seller to any affirmation, representation, guaranty or warranty other than those expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Any technical advice furnished by Seller with respect to the selection or use of Products is given without charge, and Seller assumes no obligation or liability whatsoever for the advice given or the results obtained, all such advice being given and accepted at Customer’s sole risk.
- Indemnification. Customer shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Seller, its affiliates, and the shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns of all of them (collectively, the “Seller Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, injuries, liabilities, taxes, fines, penalties, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) incurred or suffered by any of the Seller Indemnified Parties to the extent directly or indirectly arising out of, relating to or resulting from (a) Customer’s unloading, storing, handling, packaging, processing, fabrication, or use of the Products; or (b) any negligence, act, or omission of Customer, its employees, agents and anyone for whom Customer may be legally liable.
- Waiver. Any waiver of these Terms and Conditions, to be valid or binding, must be in writing and signed by the party against which such waiver is to be enforced, and shall not constitute a continuing waiver of any other breach or default, and acceptance by Seller of any payments with knowledge of any breach or default shall not constitute such waiver. No omission or delay by either party in exercising any right, power or privilege shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or exercise of any other right, power, or privilege.
- Governing Law and Venue. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE IN WHICH SELLER IS LOCATED WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE PRODUCTS SHALL BE RESOLVED BY LITIGATION BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS HAVING JURISDICTION OVER SELLER’S LOCATION AND SELLER AND CUSTOMER IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS.
- Prevailing Party. In the event of any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its attorneys’ fees and court costs from the non-prevailing party.
- Assignment and Third Party Rights. Neither party may delegate or assign its rights or obligations without the other party’s prior written consent, except that Seller may assign its rights and obligations to an affiliate upon prior written notice to Customer. Any delegation or assignment without such written consent shall be null and void, and without any legal force or effect. Notwithstanding Seller’s consent to any assignment or delegation by Customer, these Terms and Conditions shall be fully binding on Customer, its successors and permitted assigns. These Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed or construed as granting or conferring any rights in or providing any basis for claims by third parties.
- Severability. If any provision contained in these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof to the parties shall be finally determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such provision shall be deemed severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and replaced with a provision that is valid, legal and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and any other application thereof to the parties shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions contain the final and entire agreement of the parties hereto with respect to the sale and purchase of the Products and all other transactions contemplated herein, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous discussions, negotiations, agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. These Terms and Conditions may be changed, amended, modified, revised or supplemented at any time by Seller without any prior notice.